Malmaison & Hotel du Vin Group
About the company
Malmaison and Hotel du Vin are a group of 27 boutique hotels located across the United Kingdom. Malmaison first opened in Edinburgh in 1994. Since then, the brand has grown to include 13 hotels.
After acquiring Hotel du Vin in 2004, the group expanded its operations by adding another 14 hotels to its repertoire. The two brands now have over 1,900 bedrooms, and over 50 restaurants and bars.
The group employs over 2,000 people and generate an annual turnover in excess of £100m a year.
- The hotels operate autonomously from a finance perspective which means with multiple sites, and the input required of a number of individuals across those multiple sites.
- Difficult to track completion status and version changes. Just identifying where each site was in the cycle was challenging enough.
- The reports and information produced were very static.
- Needed to find a way to adapt to keep up with the requests from all corners of the business for timely and accurate information.
- Common platform for all users in the company across the group.
Having one source of data which enabled multiple users working on the same version of the budget or even the same data.
- Easier and faster budget process.
More discipline over the rules that go into the budget, becoming more formalised so not relying on spreadsheets.
Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting
“We wanted to perform a three-dimensional review of each property that focuses not only on the financial performance of that hotel but encompasses all aspects of the business: Employees, Customers, Suppliers and Quality Control”
We are now looking forward to exploring new areas where our Jedox investment could deliver us similar impressive returns. ”
Group Financial Controller